WalkAway Insurance for Ottawa, ON Chevrolet, GMC, and Buick Customers
WALKAWAY FINANCE PROTECTION™
WALKAWAY Finance Protection is a unique program that provides consumers with the financial flexibility they need when an unexpected life event occurs. It offers consumers a cost-effective way of structuring their automotive lease or finance contract so they have options in a time of need. WALKAWAY Finance Protection is the original vehicle return program that pioneered a new industry. WALKAWAY Finance Protection™ products help people get out of vehicle loans and leases when they experience one of the life interruptions the program covers.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Step One: You purchase or lease a vehicle from an authorized WALKAWAY dealer.
You get one year of complimentary coverage. Within 30 days of purchasing or leasing your vehicle, you can choose to upgrade and extend your coverage for the full term with more benefits.
Step Two: Something unexpected happens.
You get sick, suffer an injury, become unemployed, or experience another covered life-changing event and can no longer need your vehicle, or can’t keep up with your loan or lease payments.
Step Three: You return your vehicle without penalty.
Depending on your coverage, you can either return your vehicle without penalty or damage to your savings and credit rating, or keep your vehicle while WALKAWAY covers your payments.
WALKAWAY Finance Protection™ covers 12 real-life events. Depending on your level of coverage, these unexpected interruptions would be covered:
- Involuntary Unemployment
- Physical Disability
- Driving Restrictive Medical Condition
- International Job Transfer*
- Accidental Death†
- Self-employed Personal Bankruptcy‡
- Critical Illness requiring Hospitalization
- Death due to Critical Illness
- Temporary Unemployment
- Mental Disability
- Employer-approved family leave of absence
- Disability of the Self-Employed - mental and physical
This represents a summary of coverages and does not form a part of the certificate of insurance. Employment-related coverages (excluding disability) begin on the 91st day. Please consult specific certificates of insurance for complete details regarding covered events and qualifications. *International Job Transfer is not available in the province of Alberta or Saskatchewan. †Accidental Death is not available in the province of British Columbia. ‡Self Employed Bankruptcy is not available in the province of Saskatchewan.
COVERAGE NO MATTER WHAT YOUR SITUATION.
WALKAWAY Finance Protection™ will appeal to anyone who finances or leases a vehicle. Everyone qualifies regardless of age, health condition, or employment record.
The unique features and benefits of WALKAWAY Finance Protection:
- No limit on the amount being financed (including previous negative equity being refinanced)
- Coverage term is up to 96 months for new and used vehicles either leased or financed
- No pre-existing health exclusions
- No medical examinations or health questionnaires
- The 12-Month Complimentary plan (?) is ageless
- Age eligibility for the full-term products is 80 years less a day